Labels

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Ahmed Hassan's 'pride' delays Ahli talks


Ahmed Hassan's pride will prevent him from extending his contract with Ahli until he recovers from a serious knee injury he picked up whilst on international duty, the Egypt skipper said.
The 36-year-old ruptured his cruciate ligament during Egypt's disappointing 1-1 draw at home to Sierra Leone in the opening game of their 2012 African Cup of Nations qualifiers earlier this month.

The injury will sideline Hassan, who is three matches short of becoming the world's most capped player, for up to six months.
Ahli said they were looking to prolong his deal, which runs out at the end of the season, but Hassan is not willing to put pen-to-paper unless he fully recovers.
"I want to make sure that I will regain top form when I return to action before I extend my deal with Ahli," he told Modern Sport on Friday.

"I don't want anyone to sympathize with me, my pride can not bear that.
"None of Ahli officials talked with me about a contract extension yet. I did not make a final decision over my future."
Hassan has been one of Ahli's key players since joining in the summer of 2008 after his contract with Belgian giants Anderlecht expired.
He helped the Red Devils win one CAF Champions League and two Egyptian Premier League titles.
However, reports suggested that he is frustrated at coach Hossam Al-Badri's preference to mainly use him as a substitute this season

No comments:

Post a Comment